- Membership Requirements
IASCA by-laws set out the classes of membership as follows:
- Candidate should hold an Arab nationality.
- Should pass the accounting and professional examinations prescribed by the Board.
Should have practical experience in accounting acceptable by the Board of not less than three years.
- 1.Candidate should hold an Arab nationality.
- Should be a member in one of the following professional associations:
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK).
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland.
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland.
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
Any similar international professional association acceptable to IASCA Board of Directors.
3. Demonstrate acceptable accounting experience through public practice or public employment, or completion of a minimum of two years of experience in industry, trade or public service in an Arab country.
Candidate should hold an Arab nationality.
Ph.D. degree holders should have held office for no less than two consecutive years either in the field of teaching or in the field of accounting or in any other similar field approved by IASCA.
This class of membership is granted to the following:
Associate members with continuous membership for a period of five consecutive years.
Members of the international professional associations listed in the Second Case above with continuous membership for a period of five consecutive years.
The signatories of the Memorandum of Association and the founders named in IASCA by-laws.
- Membership Fees
Membership fees are payable as follows based on membership category in US Dollars (or equivalent in local currency):
Admission fee (one-time payment) US$ 200
Annual fees for Associates and Fellows US$ 150
- Membership privileges:
Members of IASCA enjoy numerous privileges, the most important of which are:
1. Acquiring research and studies: IASCA’s technical research program, at both the Arab and international levels, gives members the opportunity to participate and utilize such program. The program also provides members with the IASCA’s monthly bulletin which facilitates dissemination of opinions and ideas.
2. Association with government bodies: take advantage of IASCA as a vehicle for establishing association with government bodies. There is no doubt that government institutions prefer dealing with individuals, particularly in respect of taxation topics, commercial laws and exchanging expertise in the field of administrative systems and other fields related to economic development, as well as practicing the profession.